DAVID LANCASTER - SECURED BY DESIGN LICENSED CONSULTANT
Dated 23 May 2018
I take your privacy very seriously and urge you to read this policy very carefully because it contains important information about:
- who I am
- how and why a collect, store, use and share personal information
- your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- how to contact me in the event that you have a complaint
ABOUT ME AND MY BUSINESS
My name is David Stephen Lancaster (trading as CRIPSOL and as David Lancaster, Licensed Secured by Design Consultant and David Lancaster Security Services) and I am the data controller. I can be contacted by e-mail at [email protected] or by post at 38 Marburg Street, Northampton, NN3 5GB.
For organisational and efficiency purposes I collect, store, use and share certain personal data or information about you, your company and your associates (where appropriate) in support of the work that you have asked me to undertake either directly or via referral from Police CPI Ltd.
When doing so I am regulated under the General Data Protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) where I am responsible as 'controller' of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
HOW I COLLECT AND USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal information about you or your company /organisation or partnership
Identity and contact data -will be collected to register you as a new customer or contact.
It may also be used to manage payments, fees and charges and to collect monies owed
I may also use the data to manage our relationship which will include:
- asking for a review of the services I provide
2. Personal information you provide about third parties
If you provide me with information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you shall:
- consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data for the purposes of completing the requested work only
I may also share personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
- HM Revenue & Customs and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
- Local Authority Town and Country Planning Officers or their agents where breaches of security standards applicable to local planning authority planning conditions or other local requirements have been noticed and advised to yourself.
- Building Control Inspectors or their agents where breaches of security standards applicable to Building Regulation AD-Q requirements have been noticed and advised to yourself.
- BREEAM Assessors as part of evidencing compliance with BREEAM HEA 06 requirements
- Police Crime Prevention Initiatives Ltd where they are the provider of the work referral
SENSITIVE INFORMATION OR DATA
I do not collect any sensitive information or data about you.
Sensitive information or data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
I also do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Personal information comprising of:
- a contact person's name
- business names and addresses
- e-mail addresses
- phone numbers (landline and mobile)
- attachments to e-mails relating to the work you have asked me to complete
are stored on servers and will be retained until completion of the work or kept for a maximum of six years in compliance with UK tax laws where they will then be deleted.
Contact information including business names are also collected in a spreadsheet for administration and other legal purposes.
REASONS WHY I COLLECT AND USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
I rely on the following as the lawful basis on which I collect and use your personal information
- Consent - where you have consented to my using your personal data as supplied by you
- Contract - in support of any contractual agreements in place
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and where your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Legal Obligation - in support of any legal or regulatory requirements
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
I have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way. I limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it.
Your information will only be processed in an authorised manner and is subject to a duty of confidentiality.
I will use appropriate technological and organisational measures to keep your information secure and have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach which will be advised to you.
In doing so, while I will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data you are required to acknowledge that in using my e-mail addresses to communicate with me that the internet is not entirely secure and for that reason I cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
I will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time and will not use your data for marketing purposes. I will not share your personal information with any other third parties without your written consent either in writing or by e-mail.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
You can see more about these rights at:
If at any point you believe the information I process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how I have handled your personal data, you can contact me to have the matter investigated at:
38 Marburg Street, Northampton, NN3 5GB or by telephone on 01604 242770
If you are not satisfied with my response or believe I am processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office https://ico.org.uk/